Snap on the Narrow Zipper Foot to stitch extra close to zipper teeth, snaps, snap tape, beads, etc. This foot can be snapped on to the right or the left of the needle and the grooves on the underside grip specialty fabrics for excellent feeding. To sew a lapped zipper into a seam:
1. Baste the zipper seam.
2. Select center needle position straight stitch. Snap on the Narrow Zipper Foot to the left of the needle.
3. Form a narrow fold of the seam allowance on one side and place the zipper right side up under the folded edge. Start stitching from the bottom of the zipper, along the narrow edge and up to the fabric edge. Illustration A
4. Fold over the opposite fabric edge and seam allowance over the zipper.
5. Snap on Narrow Zipper Foot to the right of the needle. From the right side, stitch below the bottom of the zipper and up to the fabric edge. Illustration B
6. Remove the basted seam with a seam ripper.